After much thinking, numerous deep breathing and putting on extra thick human skin, I've send off 3 of my drawings to The Color Project hosted by The Art House Co Op (USA).
For The Color Project (Red) - my submission is "The Rose Thief"
For The Color Project (Blue) - my submission is "Hostage"
For The Color Project (Yellow) - my submission is "The Hoarder"
* You could read and see these drawings from my earlier posts here, here and here. *
These drawings will be shown in an exhibition under the same title "The Color Project" on 21/05/2010 at Brooklyn Art Library. A book will also be published to include all artworks submitted to the project.
Art House Co Op is a community based art organization. Their goal is to promote art, hence they do not "judge" any artworks or artists. They believe art should be accessed by everyone. There are free to participate projects and pay to participate projects (like The Color Project). Please check out their site to join in upcoming projects. (I've just joined project "the dreams I dream about".)
I'm very aware of where I am at my drawings. I'm just a beginner and still have tonnes to learn. May be I should not send off my artworks to anything at all, but I have these ideas about submission.
- To create an anchor for me to focus on finishing a drawing. Otherwise, I'll sit on it forever.
- It's my way to understand what it means to have an artwork exhibit. (Though it's in the States and not in my home country, I reckon I could still get a feel of it! Hmm ... am I making sense??)
- Being an independent /self taught / part-time creative, I need to create and find my own opportunities. No one is going to invite me for an exhibition and ask about my work ... at least at this stage.
- To widen my creative network and continue to make connection with other creatives.
- And of course, there's always that little bit of vanity and instant gratification going on. ;)
This submission of mine is in no way to undermine any artists for their hard earn skill and reputation in their fields. It is my way to try to find a footing in the vast art world.
I'd like to make use of this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported me all this time. Without you, I would never ever realized the artist in me and would never dream of submitting my artwork for an exhibition. Each one of you is my inspiration and role model to take my art further.
My very very humble thanks. xxoo