I'm not a sports fan and the only exercise I do everyday is to walk Pepper for about half an hour. But I love watching extreme sports programme and dream that one day I could be a mountaineer or a rock climber. Well I got my chance! Kind of …
I'm joining NaNoWriMo 2009, which to me is the writer's extreme sport.
For those who are not familiar with NaNo, here is my brief summary of it.
- NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month
(I short it to NaNo. The NaNoWriMo is really difficult to say, try it!)
- Origin: USA
- Programme: To write a 50,000 words novel in 30 days time.
- Starts on 1st November and finishes on 30th November 2009.
- Central idea is QUANTITY not quality.
For more details, please check here.
I’ve been thinking, obsessively, about this for two weekends and wrote down pages and pages of the whys. Here are some of them:
1) To show that I’m a bloody freaking writer --> Yes, I am!
2) To show that I can do it --> Yes, I can …??!!!
3) Shoot for the moon, if fails, at least I hit some stars?! --> Or maybe my own feet! Ouch!!!
4) I want their web badge & winner badge!!! --> Childish, yeah, so what!
5) Maybe I’ll get a workable novel from it? --> ??!!!!
6) Maybe this is the challenge which will push me to be great? --> More likely to push yourself to exhaustion!
7) Possibly the best birthday gift I’ve ever given to myself (Nov is my birthday month! WooHoooo!!) --> Hey you, get that? ;)
8) Anyone who is serious about writing should try this at least for once! --> You mean self-torture …
9) To further loosen the in habitation that I have to be a (published / good) writer. --> Now that is a good point :)
To go through such extreme writing sport, I’m developing a game plan and will write about it in future posts.
O.K. who else is going to play this extreme sport with me?
P.S. I must be either insane or just simply being stupid to want to write 50,000 words in a month!
P.P.S. I chose today to post about NaNo because I love Signs. How many 999 you could get in your life’s time? Not too many. So I took this as something very special!