Friday, May 7, 2010

Artists Links

While I'm in my drawing skill study mode, I thought it would be a good idea to update my blog to include "artists links" (at side bar of the blog).

Since I started to draw, I also began searching for artists sites and blogs for inspiration. One of the search sources I used is from contemporary art magazines like Hi Fructose and Juxtapoz. Another source is via other artists blogs. One of my favourite artist blogs is Gabrielle Rose's blog. Not only that she is an unique artist, she constantly updates her blog with other artists links.


The artists I picked are based on my own personal preference like subject matters, color palette, aesthetic, style etc. It might not be your cup of tea. Also be aware that some of the artists' artworks are quite confronting. And the artists I chose are from various disciplines.

Pls feel free to browse through them. It will be updated on a regular basis.

2 comments:

Cameron said...

Look at you being so avante-garde.....and leave it to you to pick the art that resides outside of what's ordinary :)

As an aside, have you seen any of my vampire paintings? I'm a huge fan of horror fiction (especially vampires...just like you) and wanted to include that information in your care package...don't think I did.

I liked the theme you chose...was on my short list. It would be fun...just worried about committing to such a huge endeavor.

Thanks for the info about selling blogs, etc. I'd love to do a trade with you whenever you're ready :)

Hugs,
Cam

Leone said...

Thanks for stopping by and for the info in this blog. I will stop by and visit some of them. I have been considering the sketchbook project but I am so bad at completing things, still considering it though. Take care.