Monday, November 30, 2009

NaNo 2009 Conclusion

Although it's been less than two weeks since I finished NaNo, it felt like a long time to me! (Cliche: how time flies?)

For those who've been reading my blog, you might know that I had won NaNo 2009. (YEAH!) So what have I learn and what am I going to do with the 50k+ words?


Thing I learn from writing NaNo:


- I can do it.

- I wrote loads of crap, but there were "gems" among them.


What's happening to the 50k+ words?


- I'm not doing anything with them for now. (Maybe later ...)


The fact was during the writing of NaNo, something "broke through" me. (Not physically, like in the movie "Alien", but metaphorically).


I'm taking a sabbatical from writing and beginning exploration of new creative outlets. I'm also working on a few "new creative projects".


I'll write about them once I had it all sorted out!

4 comments:

Veena said...

this definitely needs a follow up post... what a teaser! feel free to write as you work through all the stuff of your breakthrough, as you move through this phase :-)

Hybrid J said...

Thanks Veena, you're so supportive and encouraging! ;)

Chapter Forty said...

Congratulations. You really roped it in. I totally understand the need to have a break from writing. I hope your gems turn into diamonds.

miruspeg said...

Hybrid what a thrill, what an accomplishment, what a superstar.....excellent result!
And to have a break through....that must have been the icing on the cake.
Look forward to reading about your new creative projects.

Hey I loved what you wrote about my dolphin post...aren't they exquisite creatures. I'd love to swim with them one day!

Take care always
Love
Peggy xxxx