Saturday, June 27, 2009

Wreck This Journal - Week 4

A couple of highlights for this week's wrecking.

The Paper Plane:


Thanks both to Jamie Ridler and Keri Smith to bring back this childhood game to me. I have forgotten how fun it was to fly a paper plane from room to room. For this time, I drew colorful patterns and windows onto the paper plane.


My 1st Installation Art - The Journal Cover:



I tied the paper plane to the journal and pinned several found objects on the cover to make my version of installation art. Not bad!


Cover Up Art:


When I turned to the page which marked: "Doodle over the top of this page and in the marigns", something clicked.

Wrecking is all aobut letting go and step over into the unknown. For me, this also translates to move away from the rules / instructions. So to practice this new found realization, I re-presented "doodle" as "random cover-up" of the original text. Thus created my very original cover up art. :)

The IT Bag:


The wrecking act of "find a way to wear the jouranl" had me created a one-off IT bag. I took it with me and went into the city to have lunch with one of my writing friends. And gee, you couldn't believe the stare I got from peopel! And when I met up with my friend, he asked if I had forgotten to put the book back into my bag. I told him the journal was part of the design of this latest IT bag I got from Canada. And you know what, he believed it! Or maybe he was just being polite. But who cares! I had a blast!!!

23 comments:

WrightStuff said...

The bag is exceptionally stylish. I'm loving the tag too and the addition of paper airplane is just so 'now'! In the words of the legendary British stylist Gok Wan "Go Girlfriend". Check him out on YouTube - the man's a national treasure!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq__xI5fe2U

Lisa said...

Love it all! You put a big hole in the cover - way to go. ANd I am giggling seeing the book relaxing on the couch after a hard day of tres chic lunching, jetting about, and wrecking.

l said...

great pics! i really like your bag and idea for wearing the journal ... and yeah! it's from canada!!!

magpie said...

Tres chic and tres wrecke
(with an accent on the e as in
RECK-AYYYYY.

(say it like Fonzie)

Karen said...

Wow--I LOVE the Journal IT bag! That was some fine wreckage this week!

Genie Sea said...

Yes we Canadians come up wit the weirdest things! :) hahaha :)

Arlene said...

How original! I love that you made your journal a part of your purse so you can "wear" it everywhere. Fabulous! I also loved your paper airplane. Fantastic wrecking!

Connie said...

The bag thing is HILARIOUS!!! I love that your friend believed you!! So fuuny!!!

Peace & Love.

gma said...

Cute bag!!!

Scarlet said...

I love that you told your friend the journal was part of the design! LOVE it...and love the design!

Beautiful installation art. Keep breaking all the rules; you're good at it! :)

Leana S May said...

Love the dangling paper plane. I did the same with my paper chain!

Rose said...

*laugh* I would love to know what your friend actually thought! Excellent wrecking!

judipatootie said...

IT bag!! thats a winner!! Youyr cover is SO WELL DRESSED!!!!

Leone said...

What a great lot of fun you,ve had. I love your IT bag and your paper airplane being part of the cover. So creative.

Pink Heels said...

Letting go is such a simple act, in theory, but in reality, it is such a daunting task. Thank goodness we have this journal to remind us that it is ok to let go!

michele said...

I just love your "IT Bag!" It's fabulous! :)

Lesley Myrick said...

Hahaha...LOVE the "installation art" and the bag! So inspiring. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your airplane - it looks so bright and cheerful and love that you tied it to the front so it can MOVE. I just glued mine back in and it seems sort of stuck there now. Happy wrecking!!

Kaye said...

Awesome idea! Love the IT bag! Very inspiring to keep up on my own journal!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Your doodle page looks like a declassified document from the Feds LOL

Hybrid J said...

Big thanks to everyone who left their fantastic comments. It seemed like the IT bag was the big hit! You fellow wreckers rock! ;)

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

Definitely the chic-ist journal wearable I've seen yet. And such lovely photogenic poses by your fashionista model, too! Actually, I loved that you put windows on your little plane. Too cute (playful, too).

Sherri said...

Creating the IT bag... divine! So creative. Your paper airplane is quite pretty as well. Happy wrecking!